What should I Do if I get Pulled Over?
- Reduce your speed
- Safely pull over to a shoulder or other safe area
- Remain in your vehicle
- Avoid any sudden movement
- Provide your license and registration
- Avoid making any incriminating statements
Common NoVA Traffic Offenses
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Hit and Run
- Failure to Obey a Highway Signal or Marking
- Failure to Yield
- Improper Passing
Why Do I need a lawyer for a traffic case?
Convictions for traffic offenses often have consequences beyond fines and court costs. These consequences may include demerit points, increased insurance premiums or even being dropped from one’s insurance carrier. Other potential consequences include license suspensions or the revocation of a person’s license and jail sentences. And, where a person is also charged with a drug or alcohol related offense, one may even be required to complete educational or treatment programs. Hiring an attorney can potentially save a person from facing these harsh consequences.